Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

It's so hot outside. I have to keep reminding myself why I live in Louisiana. And it's only May. Warmer weather is sure to come. Sunday was Ben's only day off work this week, so he used it to get some important things done. Like washing his truck and letting Allie SWIM!

Keeping the gas guzzler clean, good thing it never goes too far.


Of course she wanted to help in any way possible.


It sure was hot, ain't he cute?


Finally getting to swim. She was "running experiments", as Pop would say.


She wanted me to fill up her water gun.


While they were washing and swimming, I picked some basil from my herb garden.


And made this delicious pesto pasta!


Later in the day, Jennie, James and Abby came over to play and for dinner.


She would kill me if she knew this was on here!


I gave the girls a bath.


That's over 50 pounds in my arms. They were HEAVY together!


It was a great day. I served up some jambalaya for dinner and the girls had a blast playing together!

No comments: