Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My last supper

I had to have my wisdom teeth removed last week. I can't even begin to describe how TERRIFIED I was. I dreaded it, knowing that the recovery would be brutal. My oral surgeon warned me that it would be, since I was older and all 4 of them were coming out AND they were all impacted. I set the date for Thursday, July 10th and just hoped that I wouldn't die.

Soooo, Wednesday night my family joined us for my last supper.



On the way there, I was convinced this was my last dinner before my death.


Sis and I shared chicken fajitas and they were YUM!


We all gathered around for my last photo...


I carefully documented my last bites.


Savored every moment...


I'm very happy to report that I lived through it. Thanks to a valium and lots of other stuff, I don't remember much of the surgery day. Even Friday and most of Saturday were great. I spent a lot of time sleeping and watching reruns of Beverly Hills, 90210. My wonderful in-laws kept Allie Thursday night and even brought her by for a little visit, at least I think they did. I really don't remember much...
Friday my parents took Allie camping, they had a blast. Another post to follow with pictures.

Saturday night is when I started feeling like I. WANTED. TO. DIE. I developed dry socket and had a constant, throbbing pain that would not go away, despite popping numerous pain killers. I was beginning to think I would overdose. After a miserable Sunday, my wonderful mother-in-law took me to the doctor Monday morning and he stuffed some stuff in my mouth that provided instant relief. I went home and slept for a long time, since I was in so much pain the previous two days I didn't get much sleep. I stayed home from work on Tuesday as well and spent some time trying to feel human again and loving on my baby girl. I returned to work today. I'm still feeling pretty sore and tired, but much better. This was a very miserable experience and I'm glad he took all 4, cause there is no way I was going through that again.

Thanks to my wonderful in-laws and parents for taking care of Allie this weekend. I know she had a great time. And thanks to my wonderful husband for taking such good care of me:)))))

No comments: